Listen to some short radio clips from Pilgrim Radio:
Do you feel that the spiritual significance of Easter has been overshadowed by commercialism? Do you see that Easter candy and the Easter Bunny have become the focus of this holiday? Are you ready to get back to the true meaning of Easter?
Get ready to experience a new side of Easter—the one celebrated by people for hundreds of years. Countdown to Easter has family friendly stories and activities for every day from the Monday before Palm Sunday to Easter. Imagine your family gathering each day, reading an Easter story, and then participating in a fun activity. This can become a reality with Countdown to Easter. The book is broken up into daily sections. Each day has a story and an activity that should take about 30 to 45 minutes to go through.
Some of the stories included are:
- “Easter Eggs” by Christoph Von Schmid
- “An Easter Snow Storm” by P. Kitty Koudacheff
- “Finding Easter” by Carolyn Sherwin Bailey
- “The General’s Easter Box” by Temple Bailey
- “Harold’s Happy Easter” by Carolyn Sherwin Bailey
- “A Lesson of Faith” by Mrs. Julia Cowles
- “The Loveliest Rose in the World” by Hans Christian Andersen
- “Love Triumphant” by Florence Morse Kingsley
- “Miss Rebecca’s Easter Blossoms” by Harriet A. Nash
- “The Nazarene” by Lew Wallace
- “Playmates in Egypt” by Elma Ehrlich Levinger
The delightful stories in this book were written in the 1800s and early 1900s. Many of these stories have not been reprinted for many years and are just waiting to be rediscovered by a whole new generation. Countdown to Easter will appeal to a large age group, but children from 6-14 will probably enjoy it the most. The activities include: crafts, cooking, riddles, quizzes, singing hymns, games, and more. This book will help families grow closer together.
Countdown to Easter Bonus Book by Amy Puetz
Price $0.99 FREE
Want even more? In the bonus book you will find more Easter Hymns, 14 coloring pages, and a calendar that you can use to countdown the days until Easter.