Do you long to make this holiday season the best ever? Do you wish to escape from the commercialism that hounds us from every corner? Do you want to slow down this Christmas and enjoy the holiday as they did in the good old days?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then I would like to offer you a wonderful book that will brighten your family’s Christmas. Countdown to Christmas has family-friendly stories and activities for every day from December 1st to the 25th. Imagine your family reading a Christmas story each day and then participating in a fun activity together. This will be made simple for you with Countdown to Christmas! The book is broken up into daily sections. Each day has a story and an activity that will take about 30 to 45 minutes.
Some of the stories included are:
- “Becky’s Christmas Dream” By Louisa May Alcott
- “The Fir-Tree” By Hans Christian Andersen
- “The Star” By Florence M. Kingsley
- “The Conscience-Pudding” By E. Nesbit
- “Saint Nicholas” adapted By Amy Puetz
- “Why the Chimes Rang” By Raymond MacDonald Alden
- “Christmas Every Day” By W.D. Howells
- “Wenceslas” By Amy Puetz
- “Christmas Storms and Sunshine” By Elizabeth Gaskell
- “Christmas Far From Home” By Amy Puetz
- “Trusty’s Christmas” By Carolyn Sherwin Bailey
- “A Story of the Christ-Child” By Elizabeth Harkison
- “Getting a Christmas for the Little Ones” By Margaret Sidney
- “The Legend of Babouscka” adapted from a Russian Tale
- “The First Christmas Tree” By Eugene Field
- “The Shepherd’s Story” By Washington Gladden
- “The Christmas Story” from Matthew & Luke
Most of the stories in this book were written in the 1800s and early 1900s. Some of the language may seem old fashioned, but this only adds to their charm! Many of these stories have not been reprinted since their first publication, and are just waiting to be rediscovered by a whole new generation. Countdown to Christmas will appeal to any age group, but children ages 6-14 will enjoy it the most. Each story can be used to teach important lessons to your children. Reading aloud as a family will open up wonderful opportunities for discussions and conversations. The activities include: Games, Crafts, Cooking, Riddles, Quizzes, Singing Carols, etc. This book will help families grow closer together.
FREE Ebook Countdown to Christmas Bonus Book
Want even more? In the bonus book, you will find more Christmas Carols, 26 coloring pages, and a calendar that you can use to countdown the days till Christmas.
What is the difference between the ebook and printed copy of Countdown to Christmas?
The printed book has a black and white interior and the eebook is in color. The stories and information are exactly the same.
Countdown to Christmas is one book in the Countdown Series. See all four!